After 16 years of successfully supporting students with severe language or math disabilities, Mind Over Learning has grown to specialize in learning disabilities unparalleled to any other type of remediation.
Based on the foundations of the Orton-Gillingham model of teaching, the scope of our approach has widened by developing effective programs for students who are diagnosed with, or exhibit symptoms of
- Dysgraphia / Dyspraxia / Developmental Coordination Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Language Processing Disorder (written and verbal)
- Auditory Processing / Visual Processing Disorder
- Executive Function Deficits
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Mild to moderate behaviour disorders
We have diligently relied on reputable research and experience in effective methodologies to ensure that your child receives the best possible learning support. Our team collaborates closely to continually excel at knowing and understanding students’ difficulties and applying the best possible strategies and teaching style for each individual.
In addition to teaching students to read, write (written output), and to understand and apply math concepts, our specialized professional tutors for students with learning disabilities and differences are experts in
- Improving the memory system
- Auditory processing remediation
- Visual processing remediation
- Mild to high levels of anxiety/learning anxiety
- Orthographic memory development
- Sensory processing integration in learning
- Executing a sequential, systematic language learning program
- Improving attention controls
- Identifying and accommodating emotional needs
- Educational Behaviour Intervention
Mind Over Learning instructors have Bachelors degrees in Education and Psychology and they are all certified in the Orton-Gillingham program. Additionally, every tutor undergoes continual professional development and training through courses and seminars, such as Educational Behaviour Intervention and Understanding Autism. Our Program Coordinators provide individual training and guidance to our team members, ensuring accountability to the high standards of successful remediation our clients have come to expect from us.
We are experts and we are also learners, pushing forward to be the best solution for students who require a specialized approach to meet their learning needs and find academic success.